SB 19-042 – National Popular Vote
SB 19-042 was introduced seeking to give all of Colorado’s Electoral votes to the presidential candidate who wins the national popular vote.
Timeline of events:
January 29, 2019: SB 19-042 passed the Colorado Senate by a straight party line 19-16 vote.
February 21st, 2019: The Colorado House of Representatives voted by a to pass SB 19-042 34-29 majority, leaving Jared Polis as the only person who could stop the Bill.
March 15th, 2019: Governor Jared Polis signed SB 19-042 into law making Colorado the 13th State to betray its own voters and surrender its delegates for Presidential Elections to the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.
What does this all mean?
- Because Colorado is now part of this compact, no matter how Coloradans vote for the President, our votes may not count.
- This compact binds Colorado’s Electoral Delegates to whom ever wins the “National Popular Vote Total”.
- Even if 100% of voters in Colorado voted for Candidate A, all Electoral Delegates could still be given to Candidate B.
- Because of their high populations, California and New York could be picking the President every four years, no matter how Colorado votes.
- That means, Jared Polis has decided to subvert your vote as a Coloradan, effectively disenfranchising us all.
- It will likely come as no surprise the National Popular Vote Compact movement is receiving huge amounts of funding by far left wing activists such as George Soros others.